The price of the healthcare insurance is the prime concern of the consumers when they search for affordable health insurance policies. Though there are various options of having short term or temporary health insurances, there are both pros and cons of that kind of facilities as long-term policies provide coverage for almost all health related issues including existing health problems or pregnancy and childbirth. Sometimes paying for a cheap and temporary insurance plan can affect the level of results expected and it’s an utter waste of money.
One of the top debatable issues in the U.S faced by the government is the state of healthcare insurance policies in the country for the past few years. The United States is one of the few countries that don’t provide nationalized health care. Private providers are to be approached for such benefits. With Obamacare or Affordable Care Act, millions of persons have signed up to get subsidized health insurance stats. This has reduced the uninsured residents by 9 million. A key provision of Obamacare is that all Americas should be covered by a health insurance or they’ll be penalized.
Statistics of U.S Health Insurance under Affordable Care Act
- The rate of uninsured is reducing gradually after theintroduction of ACA in 2010.
- But the most uninsured ethnicities are the Hispanics and theBlack In 2016, 28.3% or Hispanics were still uninsured.
- Medicaid enrollment that provides healthcare to lawful citizenship holders has seen a boost. In 2016, the net enrolment was approximately 70.5 million USD.
- As of December 2016, 46% Americans are not in favor of Obamacare, and 43% of the population find it favorable.
- As of 2016. 4.7% of U.S. population is insured with military health care policy.
There has been a remarkable improvement in the healthcare insurance statistics of United States.